Professional Driver Instructor in Driver Education is a joint venture of the Ontario Ministry of Transportation and OPTA (Ontario Public Transit Association), OMCA (Ontario Motor Coach Association) and SBO (School Bus Ontario – formerly OSBA). A one-of-a-kind program that teaches driver instructors how to properly train drivers in their fleet.
2020 Professional Instructor in Driver Education Full Training Dates:
Click here for the full brochure and application form.
March 15 – 20
May 3 – 8
July 12 – 17
August 9 – 14
October 18 – 23
November 22 – 27
December 6 – 11
2020 P.R.I.D.E. Re-certification Dates:
Click here for the re-certification brochure and application form.
Wednesday, January 22
Wednesday, April 15
Saturday, June 6
Saturday, August 15
Wednesday, October 7
Wednesday, December 2
What you receive:
- “Signing Authority” certification from the Ontario Ministry of Transportation in order to sign, upgrade and renew drivers’ licenses on your own premises (if passing grade achieved and all other MTO requirements are met).
- Indispensable techniques for classroom instruction including the effective use of audio visual equipment, non-lecture format and more!
- Valuable in-vehicle information on “HOW” to properly teach daily inspections, defensive driving, right and left turns, night driving and more. .
- Effective techniques for dealing appropriately with new and seasoned trainees alike
- Superior facilitation skills including climate setting, guided questioning, being an active listener, and giving positive feedback both in the classroom and on-board the vehicle.
- One-on-one interaction with master instructors and many opportunities to exchange information among participants
Where you will train:
All P.R.I.D.E. training is performed in Burlington, ON.
“I now know why the PROFESSIONAL INSTRUCTOR IN DRIVER EDUCATION PROGRAM is a critical element in delivering our safety message. We arrived as a caterpillar, spun a little cocoon and by Friday we had developed wings. Our vision is now endless…our view has no limits…and our heights are only restricted by self limitations. The Pride Team assembled is just an A-1 Class Act. When associated with this team you just know you want to be successful and that you will succeed.” — John Piron, Laidlaw
For more information, please contact:
Michele O’Bright c/o Ontario School Bus Association
Phone: 416-695-9965 ext. 3