The following is a list of campaigns and initiatives that MCC has participated in to put pressure on our government to understand the struggles that our industry continues to face and to provide the assistance that our members desperately need.
If you have any questions about these campaigns or MCC’s advocacy efforts, please contact us at email@example.com.
Click on a campaign below to learn more.
Launched October 3rd, 2022
Support our request to the federal government to:
- Provide a 5% carve-out in federal transit investments to directly support private motor coach operators
- Introduce a government secured, tourism assistance loan program
- Invest in the development a national coast-to-coast motor coach network
Submitted June 17th, 2022
In partnership with the Coalition of Hardest Hit Business, we are pushing government to extend support for businesses are not near enough to recovery. Tourism continues to be devastated by COVID-19 health measures and border restrictions. THRP was designed as a lifeline, but Omicron delayed recovery. The program wind down puts tourism and travel businesses at risk.
– Promote an open and encouraging travel narrative
– Extend and Adjust the Tourism and Hospitality Relief Program
– A Dedicated Labour Strategy
Submitted January 24th, 2022
Initiated October 28th. 2021
Initiated July 6th, 2021