Posted October 6th, 2022
The association was pleased that the Government of lifted its pandemic border restrictions completely on October 1st, including the mandatory use of ArriveCAN. This removed major barriers in recovery for our members. The association has been calling on Ottawa to drop the mandatory use of ArriveCan and ease border measures. Now, all travellers, regardless of citizenship, will no longer have to:
- submit quarantine and vaccination information through the ArriveCAN app or website;
- provide proof of vaccination;
- undergo pre- or on-arrival testing;
- carry out COVID-19-related quarantine or isolation;
- monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving in Canada.
Transport Canada is also removing existing travel requirements. As of October 1, 2022, travellers will no longer be required to:
- undergo health checks for travel on air and rail; or
- wear masks on planes and trains
The association submitted our recommendations to the Federal government for its 2023 pre-budget consultations. We will continue to call on the government for continued support for our members as we recover from the financial burden caused by the pandemic. Thank you to all of our members for supporting the association and the work we do on your behalf. Please note that our membership is by calendar year and we will be reaching out to members in January with 2023 membership renewals. We look forward to continuing to provide value for your membership and to growing the association membership, our advocacy efforts and our events in 2023 and beyond.
Vince Accardi, President